KAL HO NA HO
This is truly a movie that captured our hearts and our imagination with its touching storyline as well as its creative filmmaking. It brought into our living rooms some breathtakingly beautiful sights from locations abroad. Directed by Nikhil Advani and produced by Yash and Karan Johar, the movie gifted unforgettable songs written by Javed Akhtar, put to tune by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. Sharukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan brought out memorable performances, making the movie popular among the masses as well as critics.
The storyline was more or less cliché Hindi ‘sacrificial love’ sentiment, but this time it was wrapped and presented differently, so much so, we happily gulped in as much of it as we could. It must be said that a large role in the success of this movie was in fact played by the locations at which it had been shot. The movie not only amassed millions at the Box Office nationally and worldwide but also won critical acclaim and quite a few National and Fimfare Awards.
Kal Ho Na Ho was shot between New York City and Toronto. Although the storyline is entirely set in New York, United States, a portion of the film was canned in Toronto, Canada to keep the costs low as production costs in New York City are considerably higher. Some of the locations that added loads of oomph to this delightful platter were:
• The Wall Street Bull, Bowling Green Park, New York – Saif Ali Khan’s Introduction
• Beth Israel ALS Center, New York City – Saif Ali Khan confides in Shahrukh of his love for Preity
• Bow Bridge, Central Park, New York City – Preity Zinta’s introduction
• Brooklyn Bridge Park, New York City – Preity recollects her father, narrating their past
• Union Square Subway, New York City – The location for the song, ‘Kuch to Hua Hai..’
• Water’s Edge Restaurant, New York City – Preity relates to Saif, how she has fallen in love with Shahrukh Khan
So, now you have a better reason to watch this awesome ‘tear-jerker’ all over again. This time, look out for the amazing landmarks and take in beautiful scenes of some of America’s most popular crowd pullers.
Feel to slide into the screen??
You always have a chance with ‘UAE Exchange India’.
For our exotic tour packages, accommodation bookings, reservations, visa services, etc. you can contact UAE Exchange India Travels for reliable and fast solutions.
To know more about UAE Exchange India’s tour packages along with our customized packages, just call in our toll free number, 1860 3000 1555.